1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting rows in Excel 2016

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by adityaupadhye47, Jun 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adityaupadhye47

adityaupadhye47 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Aditya
    I am using Microsoft Office Suite 2016.
    I have a worksheet that I have protected. The things that I have allowed for anyone who gets access to this sheet are:
    1. Select locked cells
    2. Select unlocked cells
    3. Insert rows
    4. Delete rows

Now, my problem is that when I select the option to insert rows, it is working.
    But, when I am trying to delete rows, a dialog box appears, asking me to unprotect the worksheet. May I know if I am doing something wrong or have I missed something? Please tell me the solution to this.

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    The moment you protect the sheet you have to indicate the exact things that are allowed.
    If you select only one row, does the same thing happen?
    Is the entire row unlocked?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211940

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice