Deleting Temp Files in XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bill P

I went to C:\documents and settings \ my name\local settings\temp\tm. There is a bunch of stuff in there. I was looking for a couple of things that was stuck in there by a program and I deleted them. My question is can I delete the rest of the things in that folder?

ya but u can just use the system cleaner that comes with xp

Go to my computer>on your hard drive click properties then click on disk cleanup and it will remove your files, "the safe way" you could say, Yet im pretty sure their perfectly safe to delete but in case make a restore point

go to start>help and support>>>find "undo changes to your computer with system restore" located under pick a task. And create a restore point then delete the temp folder.

Bill P

I ran disk cleanup and got Setup log files 3,541KB Temp files 157,835 KB, Compress old Files 1,568,338 kb What should I do?

Just do everything except compressing your files. Depending on HD speed when you might need them you gota blow em’ back up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online