1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting Temp IE files from Content.IE

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by stuarth, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stuarth

stuarth Thread Starter

Good evening. Is there a relatively easy way to delete the files in the Temporary Interenet files\Content.IE folders? I find the only way I can delete them is to manually go into each folder and delete the files. If there is a quicker way to accomplish this task, that would certainly be a great time saver.

Thanks
    stuarth

2. roban

roban

3. sekirt

sekirt

A good freeware to use is Ccleaner. It will even handle index.dat files. Do a search here at the forum for index.dat for more information about them.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

sekirt

4. stuarth

stuarth Thread Starter

Sekirt, thanks for the suggestion. With this program, I am unsure what to do with the "issues" that are found. Is there some way to save a log and show it to you or one of your colleagues for advice on what is safe to delete and what I should save?

Thanks very much,
    stuarth

5. stuarth

stuarth Thread Starter

Roban, thanks very much. I followed your suggestion, and it worked like a charm!!

Have a wonderful evening.
    stuarth

6. sekirt

sekirt

The "issues" could be skipped. That deals with the registry and shortcuts. Just use the Windows portion (first screen).

If you did choose to use the issues part, you are asked if you want to make a backup of what is removed. It doesn't instantly run like the Windows section does. That way you should be able to put things back, if you discovered problems.

I use the issues section, so far haven't had it find anything fatal. Based on other registry cleaners I use, I would call it "lightweight" cleaning. I have never made backups, because of that.

If you wanted to post what the issues section finds, without removing anything, I think you would have to type it all out or take a screenshot and post the picture.

sekirt

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice