Deleting to add more memory?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NBS

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I took off some of the accessories that came with my Windows 98- (using the add and delete programs part of the control panel) - I am running VERY low on memory, and I didn't realize that if you take off some of those accessories, you are supposed to have the disc to replace them with. I had this computer upgraded by a business that now has a telephone out of order.... no disc......
Any ideas as to what to do to be able to put the accessories back on- like games (solitaire.... etc) and so on?
Is there a place on the web to redownload some of that stuff?

moving to windows forum

Afraid your out of luck, your going to have to have a win98 disk to reinstall them

Max19

Account Disabled
Uninstalling programs like those accessories frees up hard drive space, not memory.

some of those games you are talking about (like solitar games and skifree) can be found on the internet... by just searching for the name of the game and such...

Bryan

Bryan
Take a look at the hardrive and see if they copied the W98CD to the drive. Do this,

Start>Find>Files, key in win98*.cab and press enter. Were any found?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online