1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting Vista And Using XP

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Sithtradmus, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sithtradmus

Sithtradmus Thread Starter

Well, I want this piece of **** off my computer..it doesn't deserve even a byte of space on my hard drive....and with all my problems no one can seem to figure out, it's either deal with a messed up system or do a system restore for the 12th time and chance messing up my hard drive even more than it probably already is....

So, basically all I'd have to do is download XP, how much space will that take?Then put it in the computer, then install it?But I heard about the 2 OS problem, what nexT?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Windows XP takes up less hard drive space than Windows Vista does. If Vista fits on your hard drive, why does it matter how much Windows XP takes up? If you don't like Vista, then don't have both XP and Vista on the computer. Just use XP.

3. Sithtradmus

I don't know the process....

oK, my friend has XP on a CD, so he'll upload it to rapidshare or something for me....
    I burn it to a disk...
    Then I reboot, put it in my computer...
    What's the process?
    I just cut a partion, make an HDD reserved for XP, then I save it on that drive?I heard if you partion a drive it gets read as one drive, so what should I do?
    How do I find my drivers?And updates for them and everythng?

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You can't use the same Windows XP CD or installation key on more than one computer. Unfortunately, this site doesn't allow help with this. You'll need to buy your own CD and license first.

5. Sithtradmus

I'm not, he upgraded to Vista and doesn't use it anymore...I'll need to get a code somehow...I'm not sure yet...

But before doing all of this, I want to make sure it's going to be worth it

I have the Vsita operating system disk so I can revert back whenever I like...

Now....please help me...

I boot up, open cd drive, put in CD...

I install windows xp....will it reformat this drive in the installation?
    I'll need updates on my drivers...how do I know what my drivers are?

I have an intel processor, realtek audio driver, and that's about all I know, how do I find out all of them?

How will it work?I'm also going to use the vista transformation pakc and all...

I'd like to know...what it's like when I first install xp, like, will my internet and everything work?

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If your friend upgraded to Vista using the Windows XP installation as the qualifying product, that Windows XP license can't be used on another computer.

7. rainforest123

rainforest123

left click the start globe / button
    right click "computer"
    Left click "properties"

left click the start globe / button
    right click "computer"
    Left click "manage"
    maximize the screen
    on the left, left click "device manager"
    Left click on the "+" signs of the categories, such as "display adapter".
    That will tell you the drivers that are installed. These drivers USUALLY match the hardware using the drivers.

Or, go if the computer was built by a company such as Dell, Gateway, Lenovo, HP, et al, go to that company's website. Go to the "support" page.

You will probably need the serial # of the computer. You will need to know the model of the computer [ name & number usually ] such as Lenovo ThinkPad T61.

At that page, look for drivers for the hardware on the computer.

If you want to have both Vista & XP on the computer [ that is called dual booting ], go here
    http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/583697-guide-installing-xp-win2k-after.html

Go here http://www.google.com/search?q=remo...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

or here
    http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=remove+OR+uninstall+vista+"install+xp"&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz2

To read about the experiences of others who have done or attempted to do that which you want to do.

Here is an example of Windows XP Home SP2, for sale, for $90.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116056

RF123

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Sithtradmus, please watch your language.

9. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I'm sorry, that is against the rules. You need to buy your own copy of Windows XP, NOT have your friend "UPLOAD" his copy :rolleyes:

Closing thread. Do not post the same question again.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice