Deleting windows 98 with out formating

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

punk164m

I have this computer with 98 and xp. i need to get ride of 98 but can't back anything up i don't have the means to and this compter only has a single 40Gb drive. is there away to delete the installation of windows 98 cleanly and safe. i want to still have Xp just get ride of 98 with out formating.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Click Start - Run, type in:

CLEANMGR /SAGESET:1

then click OK.

When the "Disk Cleanup" window appears, place a checkmark in everything, then click OK.

Click Start - Run, type in:

CLEANMGR /SAGERUN:1

make sure that everything is checked, then click OK.

This will find and get rid of all the unnecessary files that Windows XP finds, including the Windows 98 files.:)

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

punk164m

hey i checked out that linke and it helps but the comp im working on. The person made a dual boot on a singel partition

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online