Deleting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IgneousPrime

Hiya.

This may be a stupid question,but how do I clean out my drive and then reinstall windows and everything? I think they call it reformating the computer. Or reinstalling it. I wanna make it so it was like I first got it. How do I do ir? I have Windows XP HOME.

Thanks in Advance

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Boot from the CD, and format the system partition when you are asked early in the setup. You'll be starting from scratch, so make sure all the files on the HD are backed up.

One thing to consider, if you have a brand name system, you may have a "recovery" CD, and not the standard installation CD. In that case, you'll need to follow the directions for your specific system, since each maker has a different scheme.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online