1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by IgneousPrime, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IgneousPrime

IgneousPrime Thread Starter

Hiya.

This may be a stupid question,but how do I clean out my drive and then reinstall windows and everything? I think they call it reformating the computer. Or reinstalling it. I wanna make it so it was like I first got it. How do I do ir? I have Windows XP HOME.

Thanks in Advance

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Boot from the CD, and format the system partition when you are asked early in the setup. You'll be starting from scratch, so make sure all the files on the HD are backed up.

One thing to consider, if you have a brand name system, you may have a "recovery" CD, and not the standard installation CD. In that case, you'll need to follow the directions for your specific system, since each maker has a different scheme.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice