1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell 1721 ethernet/wireless

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Barnunboi, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Barnunboi

Barnunboi Thread Starter

I have a problem.....if i plug in my ethernet cable i cannot get a connecton through my laptop....if i plug it in my desktop it works!!!!!.......with that said......i have been connecting to the same wireless network(i dont have a wireless router/unsecure network) since febuary, and i havent had any problems......i loaded my drivers cd and it appears i have everything......what could be the problem????......email me at [email protected]

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What is the other end of that cable connected to, a router or a plain modem? If it's a modem, you'll need to cycle power for 30 seconds on it to change the attached device.

3. Barnunboi

Barnunboi Thread Starter

a cable modem

4. JohnWill

Power cycle the modem.

5. Barnunboi

Barnunboi Thread Starter

ok i got my ethernet working......let me check my wireless connection

6. Barnunboi

Barnunboi Thread Starter

ok my laptop cant find the wireless network????

7. Barnunboi

Barnunboi Thread Starter

Ok i cannot access the internet via wireless connection.....I usally connect to the internet wirelessly thru a unsecure network...now I cant even see it....after running the network diagonostics.....i get this message..."there might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer".....how can i determine whether or not my wlan card is broken...?????

8. Barnunboi

Barnunboi Thread Starter

How can I tell if my network adapter is broken....I have a dell 1721.......my laptop is not finding the usual wi fi networks.....when I run the network diagonostics it says "there might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer"......what do I do?

9. fgdn17

fgdn17

is your wi-fi router setup correctly...???

10. Barnunboi

Barnunboi Thread Starter

i dont have a wi fi router.......i have never had one.....with that said when i turn my wi fi finder button off i see the connecton symbol with the caution sign on top of it.....i remember when i used to cut it off and there would be two red x's on top......

11. fgdn17

fgdn17

12. pedroguy

pedroguy

So,wait.If I am mistaken,please forgive me.You are asking us to assist you in connecting to someone Else's unsecured network ?

13. pedroguy

pedroguy

14. JohnWill

I've merged the threads, please don't duplicate threads.

I suspect you're doing something illegal here anyway, so I'm guessing this thread will be closed by me real soon...

15. Barnunboi

Barnunboi Thread Starter

Im not doin anything illegal......the network is a free wi fi network in my range......for example just going to mcdonalds you can access the internet wi fi

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/855745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice