1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell 3110cn Printer Network Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bevrobb, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bevrobb

bevrobb Thread Starter

Installed a Dell 3110cn on our Windows Server 2003 network. Everyday it was going offline. After taking a great deal of time installing this printer over and over, we then installed the printer on a PC and used the PC as a print server. Everyday, the printer goes offline and have to restart the PC in order for print jobs to print. Have to do this 2-3 times per day for our users. This is becoming a hassle and only happens with this Dell printer. I am wondering if the printer driver needs to be updated or if there is an idle problem. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Could it be that the printer has a problem? Have you talked to Dell?

3. bevrobb

bevrobb Thread Starter

Actually, we have three Dell 3110cn printers on our PC Server and they all have the same problem. Contacted Dell and they will only give us hardware technical help. We have other printers of Dell (1815s and 5100s, 5110s) with no problems. It is only this model.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, that clearly seems to be either an issue with the printer design or the drivers. In either case, probably the only person that will be able to solve it is Dell I would imagine.

If the printer not working in it's intended role doesn't quality as technical help, I'm at a loss as to what it's classified as!

5. bevrobb

bevrobb Thread Starter

John,

Thanks. I think Dell should help also. I will try again.

Bev

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You have checked the Dell web site for an updated driver, right?

Does the printer have some kind of power saving option? If so, for a test I would set that to never put the printer on standby or reduced power.

7. bevrobb

bevrobb Thread Starter

The printers are new so I believe I have the most recent driver, but I will look. I thought about the power saving option, but I did not see an option on the menu. I will look again, though, Thanks

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!