1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Dell 3252 having audio problems and start menu problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by timothycochran, Feb 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timothycochran

timothycochran Thread Starter

First Name:
    Tim
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 76 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8105 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 918 GB (846 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WVYMC
    Antivirus: IObit Malware Fighter, Enabled and Updated
    Am having audio problems. Every time I restart Windows 10 I have to readjust my audio settings. Once done I can get about 10 minutes of quality sound before it becomes distorted very bad.
    Also when I click on start menu, the description of the menu selection fades to unreadable at about the D entries on through the rest of the menu.
    Hope this is the right forum to place this in. Any thoughts or ideas is gratefully appreciated.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You appear to have a Dell Inspiron 3252 desktop.
    What's the exact "service tag" number and "express service code" number on yours?

It appears to have Realtek ALC3600-CG 5.1 channel high definition audio.
    HERE is the Windows 10 64-bit driver for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You should consider getting rid of the IObit-related apps that are installed in that desktop.

3. timothycochran

First Name:
    Tim
    Thanks Frank. When I saw your icon I pretty well knew you had the answers. With a little tweaking I should be able to get things sounding better. Your answers are always spot on. Thanks. but still have the fading problem with the start menu.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm using Windows 10 Pro (version 1607 build 14393) 64-bit in a Dell Precision M6400 laptop and only turn it on once or twice a month to update it and play with it for awhile.
    I did a clean install and deleted all of its "bloat-ware", and I don't run anything in it that I don't absolutely need, so it works pretty good for me.

I don't know what's installed in yours and how you use it, so it's difficult for me to say why it's having sound and fading issues.

5. timothycochran

First Name:
    Tim
    The situation has returned with the distortion getting really bad. This is my first Dell PC I have ever owned. Have had it about two months and at first it was the best PC I ever owned. Then the distortion and having to reset all the audio settings after a restart and the fading of the start menu began. I have no idea how to get the service tag number and the express service code. Every day I find out something new about the PC but don't think I have run across them yet. The iObit software was just installed two months ago and is up to date. Any more help would be greatfully appreciated.

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
  7. timothycochran

First Name:
    Tim
    9FQ5QD2. is the ticket number. I have had a couple of techs from Dell work on this and they give up and give me a toll free number which is a charge for tech support. I would think since this pc is just 2 months old I would get better coverage. Welcome to the real world. That's why there are sites like this.

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    According to that service tag number, you have THIS Dell Inspiron 3252 desktop.

According to its original configuration section, it shipped in August 2016 in the U.S.A. and came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

HERE is the Windows 10 64-bit driver (6.0.1.7908) for its Realtek high definition audio device.

9. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If it's not working properly, and you've already had a "couple of Techs from Dell" work on it already, I would call the number and have it replaced (under warranty). You shouldn't be troubleshooting a PC under warranty, especially one that couldn't be fixed by a Tech.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice