1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell 720 Printer Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hd47, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hd47

hd47 Thread Starter

Hello,

Just the other day my Dell 720 printer stopped working. It can turn on, and it's still listed in the printer section of the control panel. However, when I try to print a document, it just remains in the queue and nothing happens.
    Does anyone know what could be wrong and any potential solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Also, it might be worth noting that I think it started happening when I tried to print something and got a message from my virus software (Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007) asking if I'd like to approve or deny some software function, it might have said spool...and I could have sworn I hit approve, but I might have accidentally denied it. Do you know what something like this could have done, and if so, how to correct it?

Thanks again!!!

2. TekTime

TekTime

What OS are you using?

Try disconnecting and then uninstalling the printer, and it's associated software (control panel). Restart your PC and see what happens.

3. hd47

hd47 Thread Starter

I'm running Windows XP. I've tried that and the problem still exists. The computer recognizes the printer too...if I unplug it, it will say "offline" and then when I plug it back in, it says "ready," yet nothing happens. The doc just remains "pending"

4. hd47

hd47 Thread Starter

Also...I tried removing the software, however, event if I reinstall it, nothing happens.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

5. TekTime

TekTime

Uninstall your internet security software if possible (you can always reinstall it later). Then see if your printing works.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/951765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice