1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell 8200 freezes or forever to sign in

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by 64surfit, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 64surfit

64surfit Thread Starter

Dimension 8200 1.7 p4, 512ram, XP sp2
    Computer runs like a champ while offline but while signing in to MSN takes forever or even freezes up. When home page does come up it is not completely loaded and the color on the page is dull and nothing can be clicked while waiting for it to finish loading. If I try to pull up the task manager or any other program during this "limbo Time" it will not appear until all the color in the home page fills in (signifying completion of homepage loading up) Then all at once "POOF!" all applications I tried to open appear at once at the same time. Off line all applications or programs load immediately. Even when online after the "Limbo Time" is over and sign in is 100%, pulling up task manager or anything else is a snap. I've run -Spybot-Adaware-Spyware Blaster-Trojan Hunter, all up to date and machine is clean. The OS cd is misplaced so a clean install is not an option. MSN software is good. Is this a modem gone bad? Sometimes during "Limbo" it takes so long that I choose to re-boot instead of waiting on the chance that next time it wont take so long but even then I have to turn it off at the tower because I can't click the start button to re-boot.
    Thanks In Advance,-64surfit

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322548

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice