dell 8500 laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dbold

down loaded patch for video and now can not view anything screen blank what have i do what can i do to restore can not see anything

dbold

i can not see any think on my screen how do i boot to safe mode if i dont see anything can some one help please

At the beginning of the power up sequence start tapping F8 you will then get a balck and white menu - select safe mode

dbold

MFDnSC said:
At the beginning of the power up sequence start tapping F8 you will then get a balck and white menu - select safe mode
did the f8 thing and sceen is black now but no writing so still cant find safe mode do i keep powering up and down until i get there.sorry to bother you with this

Are you tapping F8 every second or less - do you see anything on the screen as it boots - what patch was it

dbold

tapping every time i can very fast is that right the patch was to permit more dvd disc format to play i think the last number where 1801 from dell

You did not answer the other q - at the beginning of the boot can you see anything on the display

Yes tap it quickly

How old is this PC

dbold

MFDnSC said:
You did not answer the other q - at the beginning of the boot can you see anything on the display

Yes tap it quickly

How old is this PC
2004 the computer lights say it working i will try and get the patch name again all lights come up but screen is black then goes to flicker but no writing come up

dbold said:
2004 the computer lights say it working i will try and get the patch name again all lights come up but screen is black then goes to flicker but no writing come up
I suggest you mark this solved for this forum and post the problem in the hardware forum

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online