1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DELL 9100 ATI2dvag ? HELP!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by FNE69Camaro, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FNE69Camaro

FNE69Camaro Thread Starter

Hi everyone I've been trying for days for a solution to this error with NO luck so I found your site and joined so I could get some help !
    My comp.works fine except when I try to view videos from my camera on the comp it locks up and goes into safe mode or blue screen ! The error code is:0F00:136C and also the ATI2dvag
    Is there a way to fix this problem ?:eek:

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the 7-character "service tag number" on the sticker of that Dell Dimension 9100?

How much RAM does it currently have?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Go into the Device Manager and advise what the device description is in the Display Adapters heading.

Double-click that device description to open its properties window, then click Driver(tab), then advise what the driver version and driver date is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3. FNE69Camaro

1.00GB RAM
    Service tag:8RP6981
    Version:6.14.106525
    Date:3/29/2005

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    According to service tag number 8RP6981, here is the Dell support and software site that's specific only to your Dell Dimension 9100 desktop. You should add and save this site to your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can refer to it when needed.

It supports up to 4096 MB(4 GB) of RAM. Because you have the 533 MHz frontside bus speed model, it uses DDR2 PC2-4200 modules. See here. Considering that you like to watch videos(which is a system-hungry function), I highly suggest that you increase the amount to at least 2048 MB(2 GB). The motherboard has 4 slots for installing modules, and they need to be installed in pairs.

You advised the driver version is 6.14.10.6525 and the driver date is 3/29/2005, but you didn't advise what the device description is in the Display Adapters heading in the Device Manager. I believe it's an ATI Radeon X300 SE, but I need to confirm that. If it is, here is the most current driver for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. FNE69Camaro

You are correct about ATI
    I'm not watching movies just home videos of my kids so short clips,they will run if I send them to my email,but not when I try to watch them direct

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I would add another 1 GB of RAM anyway and would update the ATI graphics driver.

If you haven't updated Microsoft DirectX 9.0c in a long time, go here to download and run the web installer for its latest release. It'll detect and install only what it needs to update DirectX.

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. FNE69Camaro

thanks for your help it sort of works now at least it's not crashing;video can't seem to keep up as images blur or shadow with movement ! At least I can see what they are about

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Good! At least you made some headway. (y)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Right-click an empty space on the desktop, then click Properties - which will bring up the Display Properties window.

Click Settings(tab) - Advanced - Adapter(tab).

What's all the information listed there?

---------------------------------------------------------------

9. FNE69Camaro

ATI Radiom x300/x500/x1050 Series

10. FNE69Camaro

I chgd it to 1024x768 pixles and ALL is good;thanks a lot !

11. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I was mainly interested in how much video memory was listed for that ATI device in the "Adapter" tab, but that's not necessary now that you got the problem resolved by changing the resolution. (y)

You're welcome. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972057

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice