1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell AGP/ Video Driver issue - bad AGP?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Silvrrwulf, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Silvrrwulf

Silvrrwulf Thread Starter

Hi all :). I'm working on a client's computer who had a Nvidia Geforce 3 TI card that wasn't working properly. The system recognized it, but the display properties said it had an error loading. The latest Nvidia drivers did nothing to reconsile the situation, so I thought he had a bad video card.

Upon receiving a brand-spaking new 5700 card, I installed it with the same problem. Drivers seemed to install fine, but upon reboot,. it's using a standard Win VGA driver. I've checked through the BIOS of the Dell 8200 desktop, and switched IRQs around a bit, but still no go. I'm insalling SP2 as we speak - not that I believe that'll have any bearing, but with as many files as it replaces, I figure it's worth a shot. I didn't think the AGP prot could be bad, as it displays graphics in about 16 bit color, but even surfing the web is choppy. A dxdiag reveals that direct draw works fine, but of course it can't do any 3D, as it doesn't know how without the drivers. I'm about at wits end, as now I know it's not the AGP card. Any suggestions?

Oh - one mor ething. It's an Interl Borad, otherwise I would've downloaded the latest motrherboard chipset drivers... can't seem to find them for this MB, though. : ). thanks again!

~SilverWulf

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Open the device manager, click view "show hidden devices" and look for any video adaptors showing up hidden.. Just a thought..

3. Silvrrwulf

Didn't work, but thanks :). Any other ideas? :).

~SW

4. Silvrrwulf

uhh... anyone ;)? :)

~SW

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/264058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice