1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell AIO 3475 Not posting to Windows or Windows USB install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mavrick88, Jun 13, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Mavrick88

Mavrick88 Thread Starter

Hello, I am working on a Dell All-in-One 3475. When you turn it on it loads the windows logo and then just goes to a blank screen. When you turn it off and turn it on again a few times of course it goes into the preparing automatic repair. After attempting to go into the automatic repair there is just a blank screen. Like the device is powered on but there is nothing appearing on the screen. So I decided I probably needed to do a completely fresh install of Windows 10. I have it pointed to load to the Windows 10 USB install stick and it gives me the normal option of Windows 10 64-bit or Windows 10 32 bit since I have both versions on the USB stick. I choose the Windows 10 64-bit option and you do get the loading bar before it gets to the Windows installation splash screen. After it's done on the loading bar, the next screen should be to install Windows or to repair windows. But there is no next screen after the loading bar. It does the same blank screen that it does when it attempts to prepare automatic restore. I have never had a computer not load into the Windows 10 installation, even if there was some kind of bad Hardware because everything else works fine before this point. You can get into the BIOS and the Dell logo appears just fine. I have tried setting the BIOS to default and I have tried changing boot options in the Bios but nothing seems to work. Everything leads to going to just a blank screen and the system not responding to anything at the blank screen. I have also let the computer sit for an hour just to see if it would load at all into the Windows 10 install but it just stays at that blank screen. The computer doesn't turn off it just sits there. Any suggestions?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. Mavrick88

Mavrick88 Thread Starter

Yeah I ran the system diagnosis with the F9 key and also ran the extensive memory test that took about four hours to run. There were no Hardware problems detected and no errors. It's just pretty strange. I've never had a computer do this before. If there was a hardware fault, it was obvious. Like memory or CPU failures wouldn't even let you get to the point of booting to a USB. If it was a hard drive error, I should still be able to use the Windows 10 USB stick and it just wouldn't detect hard drive. I've never had it go to a blank screen in every single instance that I try. Like I said I get to the point where it loads the Windows 10 installation but after the load bar , it just goes to a blank screen almost like being in standby and then there is no more activity on the computer. Just seeing if anyone had any other suggestions.

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

What was the original OS and what ports are available if any for monitor connection as against the all-in-one
    What graphics are in the computer
    integrated or separate card

5. Mavrick88

Mavrick88 Thread Starter

Windows 8 but upgraded to 10. External hdmi monitor does the same thing. Integrated graphics on A9 processor.

6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Press Ctrl Alt Del on BLANK screen
    does anything show by chance

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228551

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice