1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell AIO 942 - USB device working, then randomly not recognised

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flamegirl, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamegirl

flamegirl Thread Starter

Having worked fine for a year, I've recently started having problems with my Dell printer: it will print, and then suddenly (usually halfway through a page) the computer stops recognising the device.

If I switch the printer off and on again, the computer usually recognises it again, and might print another couple of pages, until suddenly it's not recognised and the whole thing starts again.

I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling the printer software, and I've checked all the connections and tried different USB ports but it made no difference. Am wondering whether the problem could be related to the USB drives rather than the printer?

I'm running Windows XP Professional. Error messages etc attached below:

Attached Files:

2. flamegirl

flamegirl Thread Starter

Just to clarify, the USB drives are all internal. I'm running SP2 with Windows.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/573027

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice