1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell All in One Printer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jaybf1979, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaybf1979

jaybf1979 Thread Starter

Hello all,

I have a minor issue. I have a Dell V305 All-In-One printer. I've had it for several years. I recently purchased an Epson wireless printer which works fine. Just yesterday, right before getting rid of the Dell printer, I noticed on the screen saying Network Detected., and a light right above it showed Wi-Fi! So now I have two wireless printers, and 3 PCs a part of my network. The only problem is I don't know how to get the Dell printer to connect to the network. I've tried the support site but to no avail. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue or redirect me to a website, in which I can troubleshoot the issue?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I have moved to networking
    have you been using the dell on the wireless OK

little confused , you say
    there should be a set-up on the printer to connect to the wireless network and enter your password for the wireless signal
    OR
    often when you install the printer - you are asked if its networked or USB

I will have a look for the manual online

EDIT
    user manual is here
    http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/uscorp1/product-support/product/dell-v305/manuals

there is a setup on the printer for networking
    It maybe possible to setup via that option

Otherwise follow the network setup in the manual - which does require the printer to be connected by USB cable first

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147390

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice