Dell Backup and recovery

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GreatMa

I have just reinstalled windows 8.1, and am using it at this time. I did try the recovery tool, but still had the same problem. I probably can't get a pic of the bios. I am not sure how to do that after I restart the system. I can try the F8.

I would go here https://www.dell.com/support/home/e...g/0-OStjcHBySyt4Qng1bHlwMFlXNHBrUT090/drivers
and update the drivers.
I notice that is has an Urgent update for your bios.
If you do the bios BEWARE to read all the instructions first and make sure you are comfortable in doing it.
Since you have the computer running I would copy all need data/photos etc first to the other computer or an external drive. load all the drivers.
Then the bios.

GreatMa

So far it seems the only I can get into the dell oss , is to press f12 and press windows boot manager. Seems strange to me.

GreatMa

I did what you asked, and it worked, for what ever reason. That has never happened before. Let us hope it continues to work.

You need to change the BIOS
Restart and enter bios you will see that usb boot is set as the first boot device.
Change to HDD save and reboot. Attach external and boot again should be good.
Normally they have a boot tab/page for this setting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online