1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell BIOS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by contour12, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. contour12

contour12 Thread Starter

Hello,

My friend has Dell Inspiron 1505. His computer status now is: when you turn on the computer, a message displays: "Invalid configuration information - Please run SETUP program", and then asks for BIOS password. He does not have the password. This laptop is no longer under warranty from Dell, so no free technical support is available.

I did remove the CMOS nut battery. Re-installed it after 15 minutes. But the problem still exists.

Question: what other options should I do to pass/or reset this BIOS password?

Thanks
    CT

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    As per the board rules we cannot assist with matters in regard to passwords, please see here: http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

You can contact Dell and they may be able to assist you for a small fee.

Thread is closed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/924571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice