dell c521 hard drive swap

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pbennett60

i have a dell c521 which has recently conked out. system was using Windows XP.i used Drive Snapshot to back up all data but have replaced the C521 with a Dell Studio XPS 8100 which runs Windows 7. can i install the hard drive from the 521 into Studio 8100 to recover the data and if so how do i do this? i believe that the fault on the 521 was motherboard related and the hard drive as far as i know is intact.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online