1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Dell computer - constant flicking desktop - now cant boot it

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cio, Aug 12, 2019.

1. cio

cio Thread Starter

Hello all

Any advice please or where to go for assistance.

This is A Dell XPS 8930 - with windows 10 (i am pretty sure it is windows 10 anyhow!!)

Just had a frustrating few hours - earlier today I loaded my Epson scan software (V500 photo scanner) and did some scans. Saving as 48 bit tiffs to the desktop.
    Few hrs later all scans done and saved into the folder - i come to open one up (double click) and it does nothing and then the folder shuts - try again and the same thing.
    I then tried opening one of the files from Photoshop and it pointed to the file then photoshop crashed (closed)!!?
    Anyhow left it a while - did something else. Came back and tried opening a tiff form the folder and it just continually flashed the folder on the screen then off , on off.... whilst it is doing this I cant do anything else.
    Shut the machine down via task manager, rebooted and it booted up only for the desktop to be doing this constant flash on and off routine...
    Repeated this a few times.... same problem
    Tried it in safe mode - same thing
    Did a system restore - hoping it was somersetting form the Epson scanner install...... still the same

Now it wont even boot onto the start up screens..... ?????

Any advice, help or assistance would be greatly received!!!!

Thanks
    Gav

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Is this solved ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice