dell computer has no drivers!!!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

edgar818

I have just reformated my dell inspiron 1150 laptop with a windows xp disk and i dont have any drivers for the latop so there is no sound the internet doesnt work and all that. Does anyone know where i can get the drivers from.

dustyjay

Jay
Be advised that you can not reinstall any applications from that site. Those are only updates for installed aps. The drivers are all good though.

wacor

Banned
did you reformat with the restore disc that came with the computer? If so then you may have more discs which have the drivers and applications on them. My Dell desktop came with 3 or 4 discs. the windows xp was only the OS and I had to install the other discs and then manually reinstall all the apps and drivers.

If you have broadband available and can find at least the driver for the ethernet then you can go online to the manufacturers for the other devices and then download the drivers hopefully.

If you do not know what your hardware is then a nice little program to get if you end up with the internet running is Belarc Adviser. it will tell you a lot about what is in your computer as far as hardware and programs

I did a restore on my cousins Dell and she had lots of CD's from Dell. I did not want to use the restore CD because of the added junk. It waslike 4 years old but I called Dell and they still helped me out. I had the one windows CD and then the monitor CD. Then abother CD had all the drivers on it for the the hardware.

wacor

Banned
if your problems are solved then you need to post that this thread is solved and close the thread

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online