1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dell computer has no drivers!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by edgar818, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. edgar818

edgar818 Thread Starter

I have just reformated my dell inspiron 1150 laptop with a windows xp disk and i dont have any drivers for the latop so there is no sound the internet doesnt work and all that. Does anyone know where i can get the drivers from.

2. mrbrownstone

mrbrownstone

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Be advised that you can not reinstall any applications from that site. Those are only updates for installed aps. The drivers are all good though.

4. wacor

wacor Banned

did you reformat with the restore disc that came with the computer? If so then you may have more discs which have the drivers and applications on them. My Dell desktop came with 3 or 4 discs. the windows xp was only the OS and I had to install the other discs and then manually reinstall all the apps and drivers.

If you have broadband available and can find at least the driver for the ethernet then you can go online to the manufacturers for the other devices and then download the drivers hopefully.

If you do not know what your hardware is then a nice little program to get if you end up with the internet running is Belarc Adviser. it will tell you a lot about what is in your computer as far as hardware and programs

5. hewee

hewee

I did a restore on my cousins Dell and she had lots of CD's from Dell. I did not want to use the restore CD because of the added junk. It waslike 4 years old but I called Dell and they still helped me out. I had the one windows CD and then the monitor CD. Then abother CD had all the drivers on it for the the hardware.

6. wacor

wacor Banned

if your problems are solved then you need to post that this thread is solved and close the thread

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice