Dell Crash Analysis Tool

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RobynWolf

For the last two weeks my Dell (Presario 4600) is crashing on me daily with the following order:
I hear quickly: one click from the tower. then a whirring noise like a CD ROM or DVD trying to start, then another click, then the computer freezes, and I have to manually turn it off.

When I run my Dell Crash Analysis Tool it tells me there is a problem with the following:
Crash Analysis Tool Scan Results
Category: Application Drivers
Driver Manufacturer
tfsnifs.sys TFS Technology.
Thing is..... I don't even know what this is or what program it is associated with, I have done the normal research but it is a mystery because I don't understand anything I see when I do a google search, maybe it is a BIG secret. LOL
Can you great guys help me identify this thing and and a solution to an update for it?
Thanks dudes! You have NEVER failed me yet.
Also how do I remove the Compaq details at the bottom of my threads? I gave this wonderful computer to my 7 year old and it never crashes on him with all of his games, LOL. Go figure
RobynWolf

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, [I have just done some edits to my original reply, so be sure to re-read this entire reply[

Some confusion here about the make and model of your PC

Compaq and Hewlett Packards have Presario

Dells have Dimensions and Inspirons----

I have seen re-cased computers, which can confuse the heck out of someone looking at just the cover> Is there a tag on the rear or underneath if it is a notebook> Do you see a model number there with a Service Tag ID #, if so, post that and I can look up what you have and need. All Dells have this Service Tag number.

{To edit your signature stuff go to the User Control Panel button, there you will see another EDIT button to re-do your signature stuff}

Here is something about the error you see with tfsnifs.sys>

http://www.mcse.ms/message924214.html

http://blogs.ssw.com.au/joehardy/archive/2005/05/07/7635.aspx

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online