1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DELL d 600 wireless connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tweety62, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tweety62

tweety62 Thread Starter

Hi i bought an DELL D 600 latitude laptop refurbished but i can not connect to the internet at home.
    i am running windows xp and have no problem at other places just at home.
    I have put in the wireless key wpa from my bt homehub, 10 nrs, but it keeps telling me cannot get
    connected. system shows that the connection is 100% please help desperate old man with old computer.

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

First.Disable encryption on the router.If you can connect,then re-enable and re-enter the password on the router and then try to connect.
    And.May we see:
    Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

3. tweety62

tweety62 Thread Starter

Hi how do i encrypt my router? if i do the next thing you suggest it comes up with c:\documents and settings\ and my name

4. pedroguy

pedroguy

Log onto your router,using an ethernet connection.
    You then would look at either the wireless or security section.There you can disable encryption.
    If and when you connect,then you can log back into the router and re-enable/re-enter your password
    Your router user's manual should have a complete explanation of this procedure

Regarding ipconfig
    Then you:type in:
    IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.
    _________________.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1003343

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice