1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell D510 won't boot up.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by justcuz, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. justcuz

justcuz Thread Starter

I have Dell Latitude 510 and one day it just didn't turn on. I know the battery is good and also the power jack because the laptop is charging, plus I have a latitude 610 which uses the same charger and battery so I know the battery and charger is good. But when I went and pressed the power button the power light on the hinge just turns on and off. Not blinking, it's like it's making contact but nothing comes up. Once in a great while the laptop will want to boot up but shuts down right away. I don't have a problem opening this laptop up, I have done it before to replace the fan(the fan is not the problem, the laptop work well after I replaced the fan)Any help will be most excellent. :confused:

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

It sounds like either a power supply problem or one with the motherboard.

3. justcuz

justcuz Thread Starter

So I would need to buy another motherboard?

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

If its the motherboard then i would say yes. i dont think when boards go they can be repaired. but you might want to get a definite opinion from maybe a computer repair place so you dont end up buying or repairing the wrong part.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1014486