1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dell d600 shows not wireless card in device manager

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by patinvenice, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. patinvenice

patinvenice Thread Starter

son just bought a d600 dell laptop. wireless card is suppose to be internal. when he went to device manager under network it did not show the card. does this mean no card or does he need to install the driver? would really appreciate..

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the 7-character "service tag number" of that Dell?

Is that a Dell Latitude D600? If it is, it has both wired and wireless network adapters.

In the Device Manager, what's listed in Network Adapters and Other Devices? Spell them exactly as you see them listed there.

You didn't mention which version of Windows it's using. From what I can determine, the Dell Latitude D600 came with XP.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. patinvenice

patinvenice Thread Starter

Svc tag JY2D831

win xp

laptop is in my sons hands. i had him ck device manager but it does not show a wifi.

could it be the driver? my laptop is identical to his.

thx your the best-Pat

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to that service tag number, that computer is a Dell Latitude D600 laptop. Here is the Dell support and software site that's specific only to that laptop. I highly suggest that you add and save this site to your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can refer to it when needed.

According to its system configuration section, it has a Mini PCI wireless card. Here is the Windows XP driver for it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/935967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice