1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell DataSafe

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sparky222, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sparky222

sparky222 Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me how Dell's DataSafe works. In theory this is a Raid system and I should have two 160 GB drives in my new Dell XPS 400, but this is hard to decifer and Dell doesn't seem to be much help.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Lance1

Lance1

3. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan

I never knew Dell offered that. Very cool.

4. sparky222

sparky222 Thread Starter

Thanks Lance1,

The information tells what Dell Marketing says about DataSafe. Now that I have purchased a Dell with DataSafe it is very difficult to tell what, if anything it is actually doing.

I purchased what I thought was going to be two 160 GB drives and one would be used as a backup automatically in the DataSafe manner in which marketing described. Well, what I have looks like something entirely different.

A search of My Computer shows:
    Total Free Space
    Local Disk (C:) local Disk 107 GB 81.0 GB
    Backup (D:) Local Disk 37.2 GB 37.1 GB

I have not yet activated Norton Ghost 10 and I'm not sure if I have to do that in order for DataSafe to (automatically) work. I would love to hear from some other user who is actually gotten DataSafe to work and knows why the two 160 GBs of storage space I thought I had purchased from Dell is so hard to find.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Lost in (no-space)

5. sparky222

sparky222 Thread Starter

Just wondering if anyone on here has ever used Dell's DataSafe or Norton Ghost 10?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice