1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell desktop- no sound-headphones get sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by debjerry, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. debjerry

debjerry Thread Starter

I have a Dell desktop that is not getting sound out of the speakers but I do get sound out of the headphones when I plug the headphones into the computer not the speckers.

Anybody have a idea what is wrong?

2. bratt

bratt

Hi debjerry,

I just had the same thing happen on my desktop, these were plug in speakers and they stopped putting sound out but I could plug my headphones directly into the speakers and they worked. It was the speakers themselves that were bad, how the headphones could still work baffles me still. But had to replace speakers and sound is back. Try different speakers see if that works.

3. debjerry

debjerry Thread Starter

I pluged the headphones into the computer not the speakers.

4. vicks

vicks

Might make sure the speakers are ;plugged into the correct spot. Have seen people ;plug them in wrong..
    Like bratt said, it could be your speakers have just quit working too. I had to purchase different speakers this summer because the old ones just quit.
    Vicks

5. aznrecon

aznrecon

your speakers are suppose to be plugged into a green one make sure

6. debjerry

debjerry Thread Starter

They might have just quit working. I will try and get some new ones . thank you everybody.

7. debjerry

debjerry Thread Starter

I got it. One of the plugs was out . thank you very much.

8. vicks

vicks

Glad you got it worked out.
    Feel free to mark this solved at any time. The button is at the top of your original post
    Vicks

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/877040

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice