Dell Desktop optiplex 755

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jcuff30

Computer was working fine yesterday. A cousin gave me his old computer. I restarted to manufacture default. Once it comes to the welcome screen to select language, time zone, and country the keyboard and mouse does not work as if its frozen. The keyboard and mouse is brand new and worked well yesterday. Any pointers?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Welcome!

(edited, didn;t read the subject) What is the service tag?

try switching ports (if you are using the back ports, try the front ports, and vice versa).

If it doesn't work, try accessing the BIOS to ensure that the keyboard and mouse is at least working there by pressing F2 rapidly once you start the computer

Jcuff30

It is desk top. I used all the ports. The keyboard works in the beginning because I have to push f1 to continue. Then after that it doesn't work. The mouse is lit up but doesn't have pointer. Keyboard and mouse worked perfect yesterday before I reset it.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What message does it say to press F1?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I think both errors are related from what I have seen. The coin battery needs to be replaced and that should clear the second error, which from what i see should also clear the first one. If it doesn't clear the OS Install Enabled message, try going into the BIOS setup (system utility) and Load the BIOS back to defaults.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online