dell dimension 2400 motherboard problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

XPUser1991

th PSU on my 2400 died, i put an identical dell PSU and the 2400 just flashes the amber power led, so i'm at a loss, what's going on???

Have you plug both power cables in on the motherboard?

It can happen as it happened to me ...must be getting old.

dai

when replacing a psu always go to a higher wattage

what do the dell diagnostic lights tell you

XPUser1991

it won't turn on at all, the power light flashes amber no power at all, both plugs (ATX & P2) are plugged in, i think i should mention that the maxtor 80GB hdd did have a microchip get fried, could that be a problem? (i replaced it though i think when the hdd did get fried it did something to the motherboard possibly)

When the PSU died it may have take out the motherboard as well as the hard drive. Try removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes, replace and see if it powers up. If it does you will have to go into the BIOS and set the time and date to present.

dai

boot with no ram in and see if you hear the bios beeps because it is missing

XPUser1991

i get NOTHING out of it, diagnostic light B quickly flashes, you hear a click then the power LED flashes amber i took out the motherboard and it looked fine, i have no idea what happened to the thing, wish i could still use it...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online