1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dell dimension 2400 motherboard problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by XPUser1991, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. XPUser1991

XPUser1991 Thread Starter

th PSU on my 2400 died, i put an identical dell PSU and the 2400 just flashes the amber power led, so i'm at a loss, what's going on???

2. Megabite

Megabite

Have you plug both power cables in on the motherboard?

It can happen as it happened to me ...must be getting old.

3. dai

dai

when replacing a psu always go to a higher wattage

what do the dell diagnostic lights tell you

4. XPUser1991

it won't turn on at all, the power light flashes amber no power at all, both plugs (ATX & P2) are plugged in, i think i should mention that the maxtor 80GB hdd did have a microchip get fried, could that be a problem? (i replaced it though i think when the hdd did get fried it did something to the motherboard possibly)

5. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

When the PSU died it may have take out the motherboard as well as the hard drive. Try removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes, replace and see if it powers up. If it does you will have to go into the BIOS and set the time and date to present.

6. dai

dai

boot with no ram in and see if you hear the bios beeps because it is missing

7. XPUser1991

i get NOTHING out of it, diagnostic light B quickly flashes, you hear a click then the power LED flashes amber i took out the motherboard and it looked fine, i have no idea what happened to the thing, wish i could still use it...

8. dai

dai

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085996

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice