1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Dimension 4700 Soundmax issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alessandroempire, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alessandroempire

alessandroempire Thread Starter

I recently re-formated my Dimension 4700 computer. Now the manual said that this computer didnt need of a CD to re-format, instead i had to follow certain steps: i had to use Pc restore. It was impossible, that doesnt exist. So i decided to do it the traditional way, i inserted the CD with the operating system XP with serice pack 1 that came with my laptop, and re-formated it.

So now i had to install the drivers. Since the Dimension 4700 didnt have internet, i used my latop to go to dell, then i entered service tag, and i downloaded the drivers i requiered. I used a pen-drive to transfer the files, and of course i installed the drivers in order.

All the other drivers work fine, but then i noticed: no sound. I go to device manager to find out that soundmax integrated digital audio wasnt working. after clicking properties it said: the file was either missing or corrupted.

I unistalled it and installed it again, didnt work. So now i decided to reformat my computer again, but this time i havent installed the drivers yet. I want to hear idea first.

I was thinking maybe it had to do with the operating system i installed, and that the drivers arent compatible? after searching some people recomend check your plug and play, no idea how to do this. Something about Bios running. Let me know if i should install the drivers again, or should i use the drivers that correspond to my laptop?

I appreciate any help.

2. frankjohn

frankjohn

3. alessandroempire

Ok, thanks.

But should i download the audio driver from dell? O instead download the one that you recommended?

4. frankjohn

frankjohn

I think you will get the latest from major geeks?

5. alessandroempire

thanks man!!!!!!!! i got sound again!!!!!

6. frankjohn

frankjohn

Your welcome> glad to help, i need it sometimes also.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919034

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice