1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell E1505 shutting down at 70% battery power

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by buck500, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buck500

buck500 Thread Starter

I am totally stumped by this one. My laptop makes this click sound at about 70% battery power (no AC) and shuts down (actually goes completely black). There is no warning and it does not go into hibernation mode. I bought an after market battery from the same vendor which I bought my previous battery. I have a battery monitor software (Battery Mon) that shows the battery is performing well. I have had my Dell since 2006 and this is my 3rd battery. I still have the original Dell battery which can hold a charge for about 1/2 hour. The battery mon program shows it can not hold a charge.

I am running Windows XP pro.

On AC power, laptop works great with no issues. Any ideas or suggestions? I have to travel and I can't have my laptop die out on me. Thanks

2. SoloTOandO

SoloTOandO

Have you checked Event Viewer for any error messages?

3. buck500

buck500 Thread Starter

What would I be looking for in the Event Viewer? This problem happened some days ago I don't know exactly which day. I will have to try the condition once my battery is fully charged again or at least to 75% to recreate the same scenario.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/928762

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice