1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dell e6420 xfr broadband sim driver issues ???

Discussion in 'Networking' started by the13bats, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the13bats

the13bats Thread Starter

I am having a heck of a time getting things working on this new to me dell e6420 xfr, dell nor att are of much help.

the info,
    fresh install of win 7 64
    dw 5800 4g
    installed drivers from dell in order they suggest, some drivers would not install saying I didn't have the hardware, not all of this make model have same stuff.

my problem,
    It has the built in mobile broadband with sim card.
    when I got it, it had a version sim but I have a att data account so I got an att sim and installed it,
    att connected everything and I had to change the version APN and it worked and connected but the problems started,
    When I went to shut down the laptop it took about 10 mins and flashed a bluescreen with something about driver power,
    SFC on reboot showed no issues,
    But now mobile broadband would not connect turns out the APN reverted back to the version APN and now changing it to the att APN doesn't help.

So please tech heads help me.....

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Dell Latitude E6420 XFR

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on yours?

Once it's identified and its support site is accessed, it'll show you what hardware came in it and what Windows 7 64-bit drivers are available for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. the13bats

the13bats Thread Starter

Thanks , but as I said I installed the dell drivers in the order they suggested what I didnt mention is I have had the dell site scan the laptop and the drivers according to it are up to date, ironically I cant count how many times I have read on tech forums that those types things are not always accurate,

In this case I need someone savvy with the dw5800 and why it keeps resetting the APN back to verision....I am guessing this is one for the tech heads.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1171404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice