Dell Factory Reset

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mattytun

Hi i have just put my Dell laptop badck to factory reset but i noticed when it was finished thetret was still icons and progryams letft from before i put it back to factory reset my larptop is .......... Dell

cwwozniak

Chuck
Is it possible that the laptop came with the icons and programs pre-installed from the factory?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the model name and model number of that Dell laptop?

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on it?

---------------------------------------------------------

Depending on which brand computer you have, there are different levels of factory resets.

One level wipes it out and reverts it back to its original new condition when you set it up for the first time.

Another level retains your programs and data.

mattytun

What's the model name and model number of that Dell laptop?

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on it?

Depending on which brand computer you have, there are different levels of factory resets.

One level wipes it out and reverts it back to its original new condition when you set it up for the first time.

Another level retains your programs and data.

XPS 15 (L502X, Early 2011)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
XPS 15 (L502X, Early 2011)
Dell XPS 15 L502X

Click "Manuals" and then click the "PDF" link for the "XPS 15 L502X Setup Guide".

Download and save that PDF file.

Use Adobe Reader or some other PDF reader to open and view it.

The "Dell Factory Image Restore" instructions are on pages 81 - 83.

To save you some time, I've submitted those 3 pages here.

Attachments

Hi i have just put my Dell laptop badck to factory reset but i noticed when it was finished thetret was still icons and progryams letft from before i put it back to factory reset my larptop is .......... Dell

what icons and what programs. without knowing what they are it is difficult to tell you exactly what is going on. how was the factory reset done? from hidden partition or recovery disks?

mattytun

hi I've tried a few times to take my laptop back to factory reset my laptop did not come with any discs so I have to use dell datasafe restore and emergency backup the programs that are left on my laptop are ccleaner malwarebytes spyware blaster superanti spyware and lots of important documents basically it is not wiping my laptop clean

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online