1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell FP1702 monitor-pretty blinking lights

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kayote, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kayote

kayote Thread Starter

Have a 1702FP Dell monitor (17" flat panel, has both DVI and VGA connectors) that went slightly mad.

If it's plugged in, the power light is blinking orange (twice rapidly, then a pause off, then twice rapidly, then a pause, repeate), and the selection lights (DVI vs VGA) are blinking (#1 on, #2 flashes twice briefly, #1 on, etc-I don't know which is VGA and which is DVI.). The screen is blank.

Pushing buttons has no effect--can't turn it on or off let alone any of the other settings. It doesn't matter if the computer is on, if the monitor is plugged in to a computer (tried both home built PC and Mac), or if the video cables are attached to the monitor. It acts the same, as long as power is connected.

Any hope of returning this to sanity?

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

I have one of those and the monitor will not work at all if both cables are plugged in at the same time, even if the second one is not plugged to a computer at the time.

3. griffinspc

griffinspc

4. kayote

kayote Thread Starter

Easy stuff is nice...but it's been fully unplugged several times. I can't shut it off at the power button--the button has no effect.

Does the same with with just VGA, just DVI, both, or neither plugged in. (Thank you for the warning, though. We won't buy a replacement of the same type. Part of the usefulness of a DVI/VGA monitor is being able to hook it to two computers. :p)

(I just checked the power going into the monitor. It looks like the voltage is correct).

5. replay

replay

i think dell flat panel monitors have a 3 yr warranty.......i have a 1905 and a 1907 and both work with both dvi /dsub plugged in together and i am v,happy with both...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/515980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice