1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dell GX270 power supply dead

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robertdwhite, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robertdwhite

robertdwhite Thread Starter

I think I know the answer but want to be sure. I was given this computer and pressed start. Nothing. I know the switch is working but no fan or post. Anything but the PSU I should check before replacing the PSU?
    Thanks

2. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Howdy robertdwhite ! :)

Yes one thing:

The cable that supplies the power from the PSU to computer.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    The availability of a powersupply from DEL that will work with it. Remember that Dell used proprietary components such as the power supplies for many years. and only recently started using standard ATX power supplies. So the off the shelf purchase of a power supply for that system may not be possible. So the ultimate use of this system may be the employment of components with in the system to other running systems that have an already working power supply. Unlessof course you have as I do in my area a computer recycling company.

4. norton850

norton850

A google search suggests that your machine dates back to 2004. So my best guess is that you have a standard ATX PS. But as dustyjay suggests it's one of those things that we never seem to be sure about on TSG. Remember also that PS that come with many brand systems are physically (dimensions not power output) on the small size and a larger new PS may or may not fit without modifications. I've mentioned this before, but the Community Forum at the Dell web site is very useful for questions like this one, or "how big of a hard drive can I put in my Dell" or "how much RAM can it take" etc. http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums?~ck=mn

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice