1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Help And Support Center

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ELL, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ELL

ELL Thread Starter

can't access help and support from start menu or browser and receive error message (windows can not open help and support because a system service is not running. to fix this problem, start the service named "help and support'). i tried using my dimension resourse cd to no end. what am i missing ?

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

Start, RUN, type Services.msc and hit enter.
    look for the "help and support" service and start it. see if that helps.

3. ELL

ELL Thread Starter

thank you for your reply and i did as you suggested but "help and support" was not in the list of services. could it have been moved or removed?

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Dell Support Center:

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/...dsc_home?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~lt=popup&redirect=1

------------------------------------------------------------------

That's unusual that you don't have Help And Support in the services list.

I've never worked on a XP computer where it wasn't among the list, and it's always on its default setting of "Automatic". :confused:

------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/775758

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice