1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dell Inspirion 546MT beeps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by westiemom, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. westiemom

westiemom Thread Starter

I just got my brother's dell computer and it beeps at start up. It first sounds like 1 long and then a short but then it just repeats 2 short beeps. I googled it and all sound like ram problem...It has 4 sticks of ram and changing them around or just one and I even put in an older dds2 or NONE...I get the same beep. I even tried removing the CMOS battery and still the same beeps...can this computer still be saved? :)

2. westiemom

westiemom Thread Starter

this is only like 2 years old and hardly used

3. westiemom

westiemom Thread Starter

NO ONE has any answers???????

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Im going to say that its the ram.You might just have to replace the bad ones with brand new ones.Dell computers give beep codes for most of their models. I just had the same problem on a vostro desktop. 2 short beeps and the power light was blinking amber.mine is 3 years old and rarely used but ram does goes bad.Once the ram was replaced problem solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice