dell Inspirion 546MT beeps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

westiemom

I just got my brother's dell computer and it beeps at start up. It first sounds like 1 long and then a short but then it just repeats 2 short beeps. I googled it and all sound like ram problem...It has 4 sticks of ram and changing them around or just one and I even put in an older dds2 or NONE...I get the same beep. I even tried removing the CMOS battery and still the same beeps...can this computer still be saved? :)

SUEOHIO

SUE
Im going to say that its the ram.You might just have to replace the bad ones with brand new ones.Dell computers give beep codes for most of their models. I just had the same problem on a vostro desktop. 2 short beeps and the power light was blinking amber.mine is 3 years old and rarely used but ram does goes bad.Once the ram was replaced problem solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online