1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 1100 won't bootup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jlmacdonald, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jlmacdonald

jlmacdonald Thread Starter

I have a dell Inspiron 1100 - Works great - I reloaded the O.S (Windows Xp Home - and updated the drivers - I believe that I update a BAD BIOS file - and the comes up with BLUE SCREEN. I have powered it off - Put the O.S. Disk in the drive - and rebooted the system. It takes me thru the steps for loading the O.S. Reads the hard drive - and starts loading all the needed drivers - and then fails . I suspect BAD BIOS. How can I get the BIOS bad to factory setting. I have searched the internet - and most of the blogs suggest the following below. Any confirmation or suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciatd.

DELL Inspiron 1100
    BIOS - A32
    Hard Disk:: 30GB
    Memory: 1GB
    DVD -RW/CDRW
    O.S - Windows XP Home

You may find the resetting the bios to the default using the jumper or removing the cmos battery will fix that.

2. sickcars

sickcars

Well if it was a bad Bios flash then your computer would not boot up at all. What you need to do is Post what the bluescreen says, usually toward the top there is a file or error that will show what the issue is.

But my guess without knowing any more info is that it could be Bad memory stick in your computer. If you have more then 1 stick remove one and try to reload windows again. If you still get the same error then put that stick back in and take out the other ram stick and see if you get the same error.

post back with results.

3. jlmacdonald

jlmacdonald Thread Starter

I tried suggested swapping of memory from both slots (DIMM A & DIMM B)with different memory. I received the same results - :(

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information:
    Stop:

0X0000000A (0X0076001F), 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X804EC6D4

NOTE: I removed the hard drive (30GB) and installed it into an identical Dell Inspiron 1100 (with exact configuration). The problem followed the Hard Drive - with the exact error message. I placed a different hard drive (30 GB) Windows XP Home into lap top - and powered it on.. Lap Top booted up with no problems.

Indications that I see are a failed HARD DRIVE? as I was able to boot the Lap Top backup with a different Hard drive running windows XP Home. (y)

4. sickcars

sickcars

sounds like your windows install probably messed up. If you dont have anything important on it I would try to format and reinstall windows and see if that fixs your issue. but good idea on switching the harddrive seems like you might of found your issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/850992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice