1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series hard drive replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Armyash96, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Armyash96

Armyash96 Thread Starter

Good afternoon,

I need some help. The other day my laptop crashed when I tempted you turn it on. My laptop turned to a blue screen that stated it ran into an error. I took it to Best Buy, the geek squad. There they ran a diagnostic and told me my hard drive failed. I would also need a new one. I bought a Samsung SSD 860 EVO. I was able to remove my old hard drive and place the new one in but my laptop still having issues. When I attempt to turn it on it states, “ internal hard disk drive not found. to resolve this issue, try to reseat the drive. No bootable devices. Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 enter set up menu, F5 enter PSA”

I’m losing my mind. I’m currently in school and I NEED this laptop to work! Please! I appreciate your help!!

2. replay

replay

Is it recognized in the bios
    Have u attempted to load windows on it?

3. Armyash96

Armyash96 Thread Starter

When I press f5 it took it to a screen that displayed colors and ran a bunch of different test. There it stayed there were no errors. It even displayed the name and model of the new SSD I bought.

And I had Windows’s 10 on my laptop prior to it crashing?

In the directions for the new SSD there is a picture that I have to connect it with a cable to my laptop to transfer my documents. I didn’t do that step because one, I don’t own that type of cable. And two, I don’t have any documents I really care about on my old hard drive?

Does that affect the SSD from working correctly?

4. replay

replay

You do know that you will have to install windows 10 on a new hardrive...... right???

5. Armyash96

Armyash96 Thread Starter

No I didn’t know that. I’m not a tech person at all. So how do I go about this???

6. replay

replay

7. Armyash96

Armyash96 Thread Starter

Okay. My question is, how do I do this if my laptop can’t even get past the loading screen???? I can’t do anything? It stays on the “internal hard disk drive not found”

It’s no time like I can connect to the internet with it??

8. replay

replay

Are u posting from a computer now???
    Maybe a phone???
    Anyway u will have to download win 10 on a different computer and make the bootable usb

9. Armyash96

Armyash96 Thread Starter

Im currently posting with my phone.

I am very sorry for all my questions. But how do I make a bootable USB?

Do j just download windows 10 to the usb and then plug it into my laptop??

I really appreciate all your help

10. replay

replay

U have to make the bootable windows 10 usb
    Then u will have to set the boot order in the bios to boot from it
    Then windows 10 will start to load
    Follow prompts
    Windows 10 will activate automatically when u finish and get online
    The key codes are on windows servers
    I WOULD GO TO YOUTUBE there is a lot of tutorials how to do it

11. Armyash96

Armyash96 Thread Starter

Okay. I’m back. I followed the instructions from a YouTube video verbatim. I plugged it onto my laptop with the new SSD and it tried restarting a few times and then goes back to the blue screen again. Please! I’m begging you. I need this laptop to work.

12. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What exactly does the blue screen say? Post a picture please.

Are you also aware that the hard drive that failed contained all your documents, programs, and other data and that all of that will also need to be reinstalled and you data may be lost?

13. Armyash96

Armyash96 Thread Starter

I attached the pictures. It will start the Microsoft logo but then goes to that blue screen. The bottom text isn’t even legible in person.

And I am aware of that and i am okay with that.

Attached Files:

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If that's the same error you had with the previous drive then it sounds like Crap Squad might have mis-diagnosed your laptop issue, pretty standard for their level of (in)competence. You might have a RAM issue or other hardware fault.

EDIT: Since you have a Dell try to run the pre-boot diagnostics or see here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cabsdt1/quicktest

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice