1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell inspiron 15 P58f001 no power.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Slimnate05, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Slimnate05

Slimnate05 Thread Starter

I have a dell inspiron 15 5000 series is what I believe it is. The model number is P58F001 and has an 8th gen i5 processor. My problem with it is its acting like its not getting any power even when I have it plugged in with and without the battery in. I have also tried removing the ram and reinstalling it. Ive also tried putting in a hard drive that I know works in it and it doesnt help. The charge light doesnt come on either. When I leave it plugged in it will get warm like its getting power. Idk whats going on with it right now. I do have an go envy that has a bad screen and an older dell vostro that works perfectly that if possible i will use for parts to get this dell inspiron working. If anyone can help me with this issue i would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the exact 7-character "service tag/serial" number on it?

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. Slimnate05

Its 7MB71C2 manufacturer year is 2016 and the service code is 16586536322

4. Slimnate05

I would also like to note that there are no noises or light flashing when attempting to turn it on either.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to those numbers, you have THIS Dell Inspiron 15 5578 2-in-1 laptop which was purchased in September 2016 and came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

HERE is the "Contact Dell Support" website.

----------------------------------------------------------------

6. Slimnate05

Well son of a gun. I didnt know I could look that up that way. Thanks for that. I bought it last year So I just had the info he gave me on it Sorry for the confusion.

7. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

That model has the power button on a tiny printed circuit board and it is very easy to bend or break the button off of the board. I have already replaced two of them where that is exactly what happened.
    If; however, that board looks good, it's probably the DC power jack. Both are in the service manual which is on the Manuals and documents link on the page flavalee posted.
    Your eBay or Amazon search would be for Dell Inspiron 15 5000 power button board or DC jack cable.

8. Slimnate05

Ok thanks for the advice. I'll check those right now

9. Slimnate05

Power button board looks good. And as far as the DC jack goes it looks fine but that doesn't mean it is working. I dont have a volt meter to test it.

Attached Files:

10. Slimnate05

The way in looking at it is its either the DC jack or motherboard. There's no charging light when its plugged in but it gets warm when it is plugged in. Probably the motherboard. That means I might as well use it as a paper weight. Lost my job due to loosing my toe and a third of my foot so this isnt going to be able to be fixed. Was hoping for a fix that wouldnt cost me several hundred dollars that I dont have. Thanks anyway everyone.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice