1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dell inspiron 1520 laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coxie1958, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coxie1958

coxie1958 Thread Starter

Hi
    I have a dell inspiron 1520 laptop with a screen problem
    which is when I take my power supply out of the laptop the screen goes blank like when the inverter has gone but it works perfectly with the power supply but really dark without any ideas anyone
    Cheers
    kev

2. mykelgw

mykelgw

Some custom options in your power management section of control panel might be set to the wrong options. Check in control panel under "Power Options". Its pretty obvious what needs to be done once you get there if this is the problem. Give it a go.

3. coxie1958

coxie1958 Thread Starter

Hi
    Yes checked all them it is same problem when you have got a bad inverter but i have never known it to be just on battery thats why i am confused a bit

4. mykelgw

mykelgw

ok checked up on the problem and yeah if its not the custom options then its most likely your inverter thats gone especially since it occurs when u take the power cord out. They don't cost much to replace. Best option is taking it to a techie and asking them to check the LCD connectors as well just in case, might be them.

5. coxie1958

coxie1958 Thread Starter

OK cheers I will try that

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/803849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice