1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 1520 Screen Blank

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ralith, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralith

Ralith Thread Starter

Having some issues with my Inspiron 1520... I had hooked it up to an external display via the S-Video output, went through the normal routine except this time the display did not show up on the TV. I had to restart the computer using the power button, but when it restarted the screen no longer shows up, just get a blank black screen. The Power and Numlock displays are lit up and I've tried connecting to the TV again as well as to a exernal monitor to no avail.

I've had a lot of problems with the video card prior to this and I've had it replaced once and unfortunately my warranty is expired. Just trying to figure out if this is a hardware issue or a problem with the external options. Any help is appreciated.

Running on Windows Vista with a 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8600M GT GPU.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice