1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 1525 battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by salamjamal10, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. salamjamal10

salamjamal10 Thread Starter

Hello guys,

My Dell Inspiron 1525 battery died 4 days ago. I am going to buy a new one. If I buy it from Dell it will cost me about $150, but if I buy it from Amazon it will be $50. So do you recommend me to buy it from Amazon, and if I buy it from there is it going to affect my system or the motherboard of the system.

Please help as soon as you can

Thanks alot,, Salam Alshaikh

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

I just bought one off amazon for my Lat D600, works just fine.

But that does not mean much, there are so many different brands and sellers on Amazon.

Read the reviews if there are any, and go with a seller that very good ratings on Amazon.

3. salamjamal10

so there is not any possibility to affect my system if I don't get the battery from Dell website. I just talked to Dell Technician and they told me that if I buy a battery not from their website, my system might be affected and I will lose my warranty on it too.
    and yeah he told me that I need to get a compatible battery for my laptop.

I am really confused. I don't want to buy a battery not from Dell and then crash my system down.

Please recommend me!

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Its a tough call, I have seen some Laptop stories on this forum about aftermarket batteries causing problems, my take on that is two fold

1. They bought a really cheap made battery

2. They had laptop battery/charging issues before they bought the new battery.

The Dell Tech was fibbing a bit, also he used the word "might"
    No, simply buying and using a battery from someone else will not void your warranty, that being said, if the battery does for some reason damage the laptop, then yes, Dell will not warranty the damage done by the battery.

Hope this helps.

Buy from Dell if you can afford it.

5. salamjamal10

Thanks for the answer but the reason why I need some help from you here is that i can't afford to buy $150 battery from Dell.

If I buy the Amazon battery is it going to affect my system. Is there any possibility that such a thing would happen? This is my question.

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Anything is possible, hard for me to tell the future, sorry.

7. salamjamal10

but if you are in my place what are you going to do ?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/904309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice