1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 1525 hot to touch not working synaptic touch

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gsc65, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gsc65

gsc65 Thread Starter

I have a friends laptop that the synaptic touchpad gets extremely hot and PC doesn't reconize it. Vista 32 home basic, have downloaded drivers and to no avail. doesn't even recognize a mouse plugged into a USB.

2. aks88

aks88

Seems there is some short circuit. Can you open the laptop and see the area beneath the touch pad? For a safe advice please don't turn on the laptop else there a chance that the motherboard might get damaged.

3. voodo

voodo

does it smell hot?is any other area warm also? how long has this been going on?

4. gsc65

gsc65 Thread Starter

Sorry working a lot lately, the whole palm rest gets hot, but the touch pad is hotter. no smell. and now no USB work. I am using his laptop right now. you can navigate it with the TAB key and other short cut keys but just want someone to tell me how to fix it. I am thinking that this computer is not going to last much longer.....

5. aks88

aks88

Please don't use the laptop. You need to first remove the touch pad and see what is there underneath it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/983176

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice