1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dell inspiron 1525 plugged in not charging

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by budiluv76, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budiluv76

budiluv76 Thread Starter

:confused:I have purchased a new power adapter and battery, my issue is that the system continues to think that there is something wrong with it. When you bring the batt meter up it states that the sys is plugged in but not charging. Not sure if it is related but the only problems in device manager is associated to BASE SYSTEM DEVICE location PCI BUS2 device 9, function 2 & 3 w/a physical device object name:\device\NTPNP_PCI10023 & 24. I've read some have gone from a 60hz adapter to a 90hz, some say update bios, but I have tried everything that I can think of but the 90hz adapter. PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN ASSIST IN THE DIAGNOSIS WEATHER WANTED OR UNWANTED KNOWLEDGE IS GLADLY APPRECIATED

THANKS

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

You mean 60 watt and 90 watt?

Only thing I can suggest other than updating the bios, is to reset the cmos, but on that model requires you to totally disassemble the laptop to remove the cmos battery, thanks Dell.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1525/en/SM/coinbatt.htm#wp1179839

Resetting the bios with the battery and AC adapter unplugged may allow it to start charging again, a slim possibility.

Sometimes it is a defect with the motherboard.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Does that model have a charging circuit.????
    Mine does and if that fails, it will still not recognize the 90W power supply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/905508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice