dell inspiron 1525 with vista premium

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SKYLERMAGIC

turn computer on and it says BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot.

I went into f2 and made cd/dvd drive first bootable option and placed Dell Operating System Reinstallation DVD into cd drive and restart.

I wait for press any key to to boot from cd/dvd and hit any key as instructed and get: The file is possibly corrupt. The file header cheksum does not match the computed checksum.

I have stuff on this computer that I need to get access to....please help me someone!!!! =)

You can take the Hard drive out and use an 2.5 to USB adapter and hook it up to another PC and hopefully access the data

Have you checked the Boot disk for dirt or scratches

SKYLERMAGIC

thank you for that reply....i really am trying to see if there is afix available to where i can use the same laptop. I have only had it a little more than a year

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online