1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 15R Having Blank HDD with No Boot Device Found Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nullvoid, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nullvoid

nullvoid Thread Starter

Dear Everyone,

I am having trouble with my Dell Inspiron 15R (i7|8Gb RAM|2GB GFX|1TB HDD) Laptop.
    The problem started some days ago when my actual HDD crashed and was not detected by the BIOS. So I replaced the HDD and addded the new one . Which is blank and no OS is still installed yet. My ODD was broken so unusable. I had booted win8 on my pendrive making my pendrive bootable.
    But while trying to boot from it I pluged the pendrive but restarting the Laptop it showing

[​IMG]

I have chacked wheather the new HDD is not recognized or not But Its recognized on BIOS.
    1. How Can I boot to Windows 8 and Get the Rid of this Problem?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the Pictorial Detail of my Bios settings ...
    Plz Tell me The solutions.
    Thank you All ...

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. What OS was on the Inspiron originally

2. What OS was on when the HDD crashed if it was 8 originally had it been upgraded to 8.1

3. When you say
    Do you mean please that you have the OS install files on the flash pen. If so where are they from and what procedure did you use to make the flash drive bootable

4. The system is UEFI and it is in UEFI mode, so the install of the OS from the flash pen must be made from a flash pen set up for UEFI boot
    UEFI cannot boot from install media prepared for MBR (traditional BIOS)

5. I cannot read the first image all I can see is your reflection in the camera and some message on the top left but I cannot read it

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Unfortunately your pictures are too small to actually see.
    Don't try to make them smaller. Attach them so we see thumbnails and can enlarge them to read what the shots show.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1152864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice