1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dell Inspiron 2200 No power to ide

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Deported, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Deported

The_Deported Thread Starter

Hi, here is my problem :

I have a Dell Inspiron 2200 with power issues. The laptop boots fine to bios but it seems like the motherboard doesn't send any power to the Hdd or Cd-rom so the bios send and error of no HDD present.

I though it would be the CMOS battery but the computer doesn't loose the date/time in the bios. I've also tried booting off a usb and it works. I've tried the HDD in my desktop and it works so the drive itself is not an issue.

Does this mean that my motherboard is gone? I am also out of warranty on it.

Thx

2. Darkicon

Darkicon

You might have a bad connection between your motherboard and your drives.

3. The_Deported

The_Deported Thread Starter

Thx,

Could the CMOS battery could still loose the power connection or is it really a hardware problem. This because when i remove the laptop battery for some time and boot it back up, the time is reset.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice